Participation Eval gives students the ability to self-assess the quality of their course work on an ongoing basis. Additionally students can indicate which of their peers has significantly contributed to their learning. The instructor sets up the questions, the rating scale and quantity of times responses from students are required. At the end of the course the instructor will have an ongoing reference for the student’s perception of the quality of their coursework. The instructor will also have a graph showing how many times each student was selected by another for making quality contributions to any course discussion or event. Additionally instructors may insert their own reference notes into the record.
How to use this tool
In your Sakai Course, add a new Web Content tool with the link: https://cle.nps.edu/access/content/group/13ad9e4b-0ccf-487d-80fd-b5df975e7b80/tools/ced3_apps/selfeval.html
- Open your Sakai course in a browser
- Click the Site Editor tool
- Click the Edit Tools link
- Check the Web Content tool and click Continue
- In the Title box enter the title you want to show in the sidebar menu (e.g. Course Materials or Weekly Modules)
- In the Source enter this liink: https://cle.nps.edu/access/content/group/13ad9e4b-0ccf-487d-80fd-b5df975e7b80/tools/ced3_apps/selfeval.html
- Click Continue
- Click Finish
- The new tool will show in the Sakai sidebar.