Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
- The RDC is stored in an S3 bucket.
- This meets the objective of keeping a copy in a location where it could be shared with NPS research partners and approved affiliates.
- A limitation is that VMs cannot compute directly on data in the S3 buckets without first moving them.
Transition to EBS
- AWS offers an Elastic Block Storage service, which closely approximates the capabilities of a physical Storage Area Network.
- Snapshots of EBS devices can be saved to S3 buckets.
- It may be better to keep snapshots of an EBS in S3 that the corpus images themselves.
Experiment 1: How Fast Can We Move between S3 and EBS, and how much does this cost?
Creating an EC2 Instance and Logging On
- Don't forget to set up an elastic IP instance.