As of March 2014, live video streaming of events at NPS no longer requires the flash player. The new live streaming service also supports mobile devices for the first time. Please use this page to find some quick tips to help ensure the best viewing experience.
Slowdowns or Buffering?
The most common reason for pausing and restarting of the video (buffering) is limited bandwidth.
- Ensure that you are not downloading anything else, streaming online music, etc. Close any unneeded running programs, reboot if needed.
- Use a bandwidth testing site (for example http://speedtest.net) to verify your network connection is fast enough. The highest quality streams may require up to 2mbps of available bandwidth.
Supported Browsers and Devices
- Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer on Windows
- Safari, Chrome, and Firefox on MacOS
- Android is untested but technically is supported.