If your Collaborate tool is not working in a Sakai site you may need to remove the tool and re-add it.
To Add the Collaborate Tool
- Go to Site Info > Manage Tools
- Go down to External Tools at the bottom of the list and check Collaborate
- Click the Continue button
- Finally select the Finish button to confirm changes
- The web page should refresh and the tool should now be towards the bottom of the left navigation
- If you would like to re-arrange items you can use the Site Info > Tool Order tool
To Remove the Collaborate Tool
- Go to Site Info > Manage Tool
- Under Selected Tools Click the X next to Collaborate
- At the bottom of the screen click Continue
- On the next page click Finish
"Not Yet Configured" message
if you get the message that Collaborate is "Not yet Configured" it means that the tool was copied from a previous version of the course. To fix this:
- Follow the To Remove the Collaborate Tool instructions above
- Continue by following the instructions above on Adding the Collaborate Tool
Changing the Collaborate Button Name
It is technically possible to change the name of the Collaborate button using the Site Info > Page Order tool but doing so breaks the tool.
If this is done the tool can be restored by removing the tool and re-adding it (instructions above) without losing sessions or recordings previously created in the site.