What is Collaborate?
Blackboard Collaborate is a tool in which to conduct web-conferencing as well as comprehensive online learning.
- You can only view sessions and recordings for courses in which you are enrolled
- If you are not enrolled in the course, contact the instructor for that course
- Collaborate is a complex tool. It is important that you confirm your ability to access collaborate before your first scheduled session.
- If the instructions below do not work for you, we are available to help at CLEhelp@nps.edu
Connecting to a Session
Use the NPS Collaborate Test Session at any time to test your connection to a Collaborate Session. Instructions and troubleshooting for various operating systems are below.
- Using Windows
- Using Mac
- Using IOS: for participants only works for viewing recordings that have been converted to MP4
- Using Android: for participants only works for viewing recordings that have been converted to MP4
- Instructions to download the Collaborate Launcher (pdf download)
- Windows 10 Tiny Collaborate Window Issue
- If Collaborate won't run at all - Try reassociating Collaborate with Java
For Instructors -
- Creating Sessions
Once sessions are created, participants do not need to be enrolled in the course site to join. Session creators will get a Guest Link which they can email to desired participants.
- Session Date/Times
The Sakai Collaborate Interface detects your location so any dates/times specified will be in your timezone. Dates/Times will be adjusted for others in their own time zones.
- Orientations (created by vendor)
- for Students/Participants (Online Video) and Guide (pdf)
- for Instructors/Moderators (Collaborate Recording)
- Recorded Trainings (created by NPS)
Download the Powerpoint file used in the training.
If your NPS groups will like a live training session, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to submit a request.
How to perform specific tasks in Collaborate with the improved user interface
- Software Echo Canceling - any speakers and microphones can be used, no need for hardware echo cancellation
- Mobile apps - IOS and Android apps for Participants only, Moderators must continue to use a computer for full functionality
- Improved User Interface with commonly used tools easier to access
- Ability for users to join via Phone call, audio only
If the requestor is not a Moderator/Instructor in the session, a moderator will be contacted for distribution approval.
if you have questions or concerns not covered in these pages, please email email@example.com.