If you are having trouble connecting to or logging into the Sakai CLE, please review the issues and resolutions below.
Trouble accessing to the Web site - https://cle.nps.edu
NMCI “Proxy server is not responding” message (as of FA18)
If your computer won’t let you change these settings, you may need to your local IT involved.
- Load Internet Explorer
- Then go to: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Advanced
- In the Proxy Settings box paste this in the HTTP box: nmciproxyb1.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil
- Paste this in the Secure: box: nmciproxyb1secure.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil
- Leave everything else the same on the page.
- Click OK, ok again, and a third time.
- Open Firefox
- Go to Preferences>General>Network Proxy
- Click on Manual proxy configuration
- Paste in the HPPT Proxy box nmciproxyb1.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil4
- Paste in the SSL Proxy box nmciproxyb1secure.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil
- Click OK
The browser times out or you get a 404 error message
Please ensure you are not connected to the NPS VPN
- Make sure the Cisco VPN application is not running and connected to the NPS network on your computer
- Check your Browser's address bar and make sure the address begins with .... AND NOT ....
Security Certificate Error
If you get an error such as:
- There is a problem with this web site's Security Certificate
- Secure Connection Failed, https://cle.nps.edu uses an invalid security certificate
- ...can't verify the Identity of this web site
- This connection is untrusted
Some browsers may allow you to bypass this certificate by selecting:
For Firefox: open the "I understand the risks" area > Add Exception button > Confirm Security Exception button.
Trouble Logging in - NPS User
NPS users use their NPS credential as their username. If you use your email address as your username, please see the Sakai Guest User area below.
- If you are unsure of your password; contact the NPS Technology Assistance Center
- If you recently changed your password, please ensure there are no devices (Mobile, Outlook, etc.) still using your old password which will lock your account.
- If your account is locked, please got to https://npspassword.nps.edu to unlock your account if you already have a profile set up.
- If you continue to have trouble, please contact the NPS Technology Assistance Center (TAC).
Trouble Logging In - Sakai Guest User
Sakai Guest Users use their email address as their username.
Please review the Guest Access Overview to see