Introducing Zoom for Government!
Zoom is a cloud video conferencing tool that works from either an installed client or from within your browser.
Zoom Security Best Practices
Discussing Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) such as FOUO, PII, PHI, etc. is NOT authorized in Zoom for Government. Follow the required and recommended Zoom for Government (ZfG) Security Best Practices.
Virtually indistinguishable from Zoom for Education, Zoom for Government (ZfG) is consistently reliable and secure
The first step in Using ZfG
ZfG will not immediately have an interface with Sakai, so these steps will help you communicate your meetings and recordings with your students
- Working with Zoom for Government without a Sakai Interface
- How to Share Zoom for Gov Meeting Information with your Students via Sakai
Zoom for Government works best if it's updated regularly
How to get started:
- Request an account - To create Zoom meetings, you need to have a Zoom account. If you don't already have one, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request one.
- Recording in Zoom for Government
- Audio and Video in Zoom for Government
- Sharing content in Zoom
- Recording and Sharing Zoom for Government from OneDrive
- Download Your Zoom Cloud Recordings
- Managing Password of Zoom Cloud Recordings
- Breakout Rooms
- Join a meeting with a link
- Zoom for Government Meeting Invitations
- Zoom Passwords (external link)
- NPS Students and guests don't need an account to participate in or moderate a meeting. All you need to participate is the meeting ID and passcode.
For a detailed list of features across browser and operating systems, please visit https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360027397692
Q: Will my teacher be using Collaborate or Zoom for my DL course?
A: Video conference tool use is left up to the instructor’s discretion. They will let you know how to proceed to connect to your lecture sessions.
Q: How can I test my Zoom connection?
A: You can call 831-656-2020 0700-1700 M-F and a tech will assist you with testing your connection
Q: Are personal orientations or guidance available for Sakai or Zoom?
A: Yes, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 831-656-2020, 0700-1700 M-F to set up a time to meet with one of our techs.
Q: Do I need to download any software to use Zoom?
A: For Zoom, no software is required for students, but audio and video functionality aren’t available in Internet Explorer with the browser-based version.
Q: What are the hardware and software requirements for these tools?
- OS - Any Windows or Macintosh computer can work with Zoom as long as you have a stable network connection. We don’t recommend or support IOS or Chrome OS, including iPad, iPhone, Android, or Chromebooks. While many people have success using those, we have found that the results are inconsistent at best in our tests.
- Hardware - Your Instructor will most likely require a microphone and camera
- Browsers - We recommend the Chrome browser if you need to connect to Zoom through your browser. Internet Explorer and Firefox don't allow you to connect your audio through your computer and you'll need to connect using a phone for audio connection.
Q: How can I get more help with Sakai, Collaborate, or Zoom?
A: The CLE Helpdesk is available at 831-656-2020, 0700-1700 M-F, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org