All enterprise wiki space owners are required to complete ITACS Site Manager Certification and pass the assessment successfully, along with the Wiki Space Owner Training, prior to becoming a Wiki Space Owner. Upon becoming a Space Owner, the following roles and responsibilities should be adhered to:
- Monitor all content posted to your space to ensure that it meets the policy on Posting Appropriate Wiki Content; take necessary actions to remove prohibited material, and notify the party responsible for the posting.
- Manage user access and permissions:
- Provide access and permissions to new users.
- Only users with NPS computer accounts are allowed to be given Space Admin permissions, which is equivalent to making that user a Wiki Space Owner.
- If granting Space Admin permissions to NPS user(s), you must instruct that user to complete ITACS Site Manager Certification and pass the assessment successfully, along with the Wiki Space Owner Training.
- Remove access for users who no longer need it.
- Communicate with non-NPS members and provide guidance on obtaining access to the Naval Postgraduate School's Enterprise Wiki.
- Act as the primary contact for basic questions regarding how to access, modify, or contribute to your space.
- Archive and/or backup your space(s) content, prior to space expiration and removal from the system.