Alumni research group members
- Capt Scotty Black, USMC
- "The Missions, the Tactics, the Implementation: A Simulation for Aerial Combat Swarms"1,5,6
- LT David Cummings, USN
- "Open Source Software in DOD Systems"
- LT Raymond Davis, USN
- "Mechanical Design and Optimization of Swarm-Capable UAV Launch Systems"5
- LT Patrick Livesay, USN
- "Investigation of Capabilities and Technologies Supporting Rapid UAV Launch System Development"5
- LT Douglas McIntosh, USN
- "Preventing Encroachment by Hobby Grade Small Unmanned Aerial Systems"
- Systems Engineering Analysis Cohort 21A Capstone Team
- "Organic Over-the-Horizon Targeting for the 2025 Surface Fleet"
- LT Brenton Campbell, USN
- "Human Robotic Swarm Interaction using an Artificial Physics Approach"1
- Lt Col Robert B. Davis, USMC
- "Applying Cooperative Localization to Swarm UAVs using an Extended Kalman Filter"1
- Chee Siong Ong, Singapore Defence Science and Technology Agency
- "Logistics Supply of the Distributed Air Wing"1,6
- Joong Yang Lee, Republic of Singapore Royal Air Force
- "Expanded Kill Chain Analysis of Manned-Unmanned Teaming for Future Strike Operations"
- LT Blake Wanier, USN, Operations Research/Undersea Warfare
- "A Modular Simulation Framework for Assessing Swarm Search Models"
- Systems Engineering Analysis Cohort 20B Capstone Team
- "The Distributed Air Wing Concept"
- LT Nicole Ramos, USN, Systems Engineering
- "Assessment of Vision-Based Target Detection and Classification Solutions Using an Indoor Aerial Robot"
- LT Michael Smith, USN, Systems Engineering and Analysis
- "A Systems Engineering Evaluation for Submarine-launched UAS Capabilities" 1
- LT Eric Shuey, USN, & LT Mika Shuey, USN, Applied Physics (Co-advisor: Prof. Richard Harkins)
- "Surfzone Autonomous Robot and Littoral Sea Control" 1,5
- LT Timothy Rochholz, USN, Applied Physics (Co-advisor: Prof. Joseph Rice)
- "Wave-powered Unmanned Surface Vehicle Operations in Open Ocean" 1,5
- LTJG Umit Soylu, Turkish Navy, Computer Science (Co-advisor: Dr. Joel Young)
- "Multi-target Tracking by Aerial Battle Bots for Swarm vs. Swarm Systems" 1
- Systems Engineering Analysis Cohort 18B Capstone Team (with Prof. Gary Langford)
- "Unmanned Surface Vehicle Future Concept: Tailorable Remote/Unmanned Combat Crafts (TRUCCs)"
- Maj Thomas Dono, USMC, Operations Research
- "Optimized Landing of Autonomous UAV Swarms on Multiple Moving Platforms" 1,5
- LT MengWee Joses Yau, Singapore Navy, Oceanography (with Dr. Peter Chu)
- "Localization of Surface or Near-Surface Drifting Mines in the Persian Gulf" 1,3,4
- Capt Riadh Hajri, Tunisian Air Force, Information Sciences
- "UAV-to-UAV Visual Target Detection and Recognition"
- Michael Day (with Dr. Christian Darken)
- "Simulation Architecture Design and Implementation for Multi-Agent Modeling of UAVs to Defend Against Swarm Attacks"
- Maj Mehjdi Ben Ardhaoui, Tunisian Army
- "Implementation of Autonomous Navigation and Mapping using a Laser Line Scanner on a Tactical Unmanned Aerial Vehicle"
- MAJ Christian Klaus, German Army
- "Probabilistic Search on Optimized Graph Topologies" 1,2
- LT Steven Halle and LT Jason Hickle, USN (with Prof. Richard Harkins)
- "The Design and Implementation of a Semi-Autonomous Surf-zone Robot using Advanced Sensors and a Common Robot Operating System"
- LT Mauricio Muñoz, Chilean Navy
- "Agent-based Modeling and Simulation of Defensive UAV Swarm Tactics"
- MAJ Edward O. Williams, USA
- "Surveillance and Interdiction Models: A Game-theoretic Approach to Defend Against VBIEDs" 1
- Maj Mark J. Muratore, USMC (Co-advisor: Dr. Rachel T. Johnson)
- "Effective Teaming of Airborne and Ground Assets for Surveillance and Interdiction" 1
- LT Kenneth L. Byers, USN
- "Situational Awareness for Surveillance and Interdiction Operations (SASIO): Tactical Installation Protection" 1,2
- LCDR Richard Morrison, USN (with Dr. Mathias Kölsch)
- "Fiducial Marker Detection and Pose Estimation from LIDAR Range Data" 1
- MAJ Matthew Hastings, USA.
"Combat Simulation of Individual Soldier Search in Urban Terrain"
1 - Outstanding Thesis Award
2 - Military Operations Research Society (MORS)-Tisdale Award
3 - Outstanding International Student Award
4 - NAVSEA Warfare Centers Division Newport Award
5 - SSC-Pacific Student Fellowship
6 - George L. Phillips Award