- See if you have Java correctly installed -
- Find your C:\ drive. It may be called “Windows (C:)” or “OS (C:)” or “Local Disk (C:)” or simply C: and it may be found in “Computer” or in “This PC”
- In the C: drive, find the folder called “Program Files (x86)”
- Find the folder called Java (there is a chance the Java folder is in the folder called "Programs") and there should be a folder in there called “jre 1.8.0_xxx” (- Depending on the current release, your numbers may be different)
- In that folder find “bin” then look for a file called “javaws” or “javaws.exe”
- If you don’t have the Java folder, or the subfolders are wrong, you will need to install or repair java by going to Java.com.
- If you found javaws, please continue with step 2.
- From within any Sakai site, click on “Join” on any active Collaborate session ONLY to download another meeting.jnlp or meeting.collab file into downloads. You shouldn’t actually start the session.
- Find your Downloads folder and right-click on the newest Meeting or meeting.jnlp file
- Choose “Open With”
- Look for “Java(TM) Web Start Launcher” and click on it. Collaborate will proceed to open and will use Java WS to open from now on.