- Use Firefox if at all possible.
- This chart shows that Chrome will support all of the features of Zoom, but we've found that the Share window is grayed out on Chrome on NMCI, so that may not work for you. This come from the site https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629443-Zoom-Web-Client
- Edge may work in some locations also, so feel free to try that.
- If your location lets you use Chrome with no grayed out problem, you may also be able to use your computer sound and not have to dial in.
- If you're told you can't use Firefox, ask again. I haven't run into a location yet that won't load it if you ask.
- Let your instructor know you're on a browser. If they are planning on using breakout rooms, that will affect their lesson plan.
- If your location allows, you can also connect using a smartphone, and it's a surprisingly good user interface for the small real estate size.
- If you want to test anything out with us, shoot us an email at email@example.com!
- For more information, you can go to https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/214629443-Zoom-Web-Client