The purpose is to establish standards of conduct for the Naval Postgraduate School's Enterprise Wiki users and spaces, along with policy on appropriate use.
|Table of Contents|
Examples of Appropriate Wiki Usage
The Naval Postgraduate School's Enterprise Wiki is provided in support of the school's mission. Spaces can be created by Wiki administrators, on behalf of the NPS members who hold an ERN (Education Research Network) user name and password. Spaces will only be created to support NPS sponsored groups and activities. For example:
- Events & Conferences
- Knowledge Management
Wiki User General Responsibilities
All users of the enterprise wiki have roles and responsibilities that should be adhered to:
- Being that you are accountable for the content you post to wiki spaces, ensure that it meets the policy on Posting Appropriate Wiki Content.
- Make sure that the computer(s) used to interact with the enterprise wiki is secure and free of viruses.
- Ensure that the files and documents you post, or attach, are free of viruses.
Space Owner Responsibilities
All enterprise wiki space owners are required to complete ITACS Site Manager Certification and pass the assessment successfully, along with the Wiki Space Owner Training, prior to becoming a Wiki Space Owner. Upon becoming a Space Owner, the following roles and responsibilities should be adhered to:
- Monitor all content posted to your space to ensure that it meets the policy on Posting Appropriate Wiki Content; take necessary actions to remove prohibited material, and notify the party responsible for the posting.
- Manage user access and permissions:
- Provide access and permissions to new users.
- Only users with NPS computer accounts are allowed to be given Space Admin permissions, which is equivalent to making that user a Wiki Space Owner.
- If granting Space Admin permissions to NPS user(s), you must instruct that user to complete ITACS Site Manager Certification and pass the assessment successfully, along with the Wiki Space Owner Training.
- Remove access for users who no longer need it.
- Communicate with non-NPS members and provide guidance on obtaining access to the Naval Postgraduate School's Enterprise Wiki.
- Act as the primary contact for basic questions regarding how to access, modify, or contribute to your space.
- Archive and/or backup your space(s) content, prior to space expiration and removal from the system.