Papers in review
- Buttrey, S., Chung, T.H., Eagle, J., and Temple Lang, D.W.T. (2015) Processing Robot and Sensor Log Files: Seeking a Circular Target. In Nolan and Temple Lang (Ed.), Case Studies in Data Science in R. Boca Raton, FL: Taylor & Francis. (In press)
- Chung, T.H. and Silvestrini, R.T. Modeling and Analysis of Exhaustive Probabilistic Search. Naval Research Logistics. Volume 61, Issue 2, pages 164–178, March 2014
- Carpin, S., Burch, D., Basilico, N., Chung, T.H., and Kölsch, M. “Variable Resolution Search with Quadrotors: Theory and Practice,” Journal of Field Robotics. Vol. 30, no. 5, pp. 685–701, Sep. 2013.
- Chung, T.H., Jones, K.D., Day, M.A., Jones, M., and Clement, M. 50 VS. 50 by 2015: Swarm Vs. Swarm UAV Live-Fly Competition at the Naval Postgraduate School. AUVSI North America, Washington, D.C., August 12-15, 2013
- Dono, T.F. and Chung, T.H. Optimized Transit Planning and Landing of Aerial Robotic Swarms. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, Germany. 2013.
- Stevens, T. and Chung, T.H. Autonomous Search and Counter-Detection using Levy Search Models. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, Germany. 2013.
- Carpin, S., Chung, T.H., and Sadler, B. Theoretical Foundations of High-Speed Robot Team Deployment. 2013 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Karlsruhe, Germany. 2013.
- Lin, K. Y., Atkinson, M. P., Chung, T. H., and Glazebrook, K. D. (2013). A Graph Patrol Problem with Random Attack Times. Operations Research, 61(3), 694-710.
- Muratore, M. Silvestrini, R.T., and Chung, T.H.. Simulation Analysis of UAV and Ground Teams for Surveillance and Interdiction. (2012) The Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology, Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation. Vol 11, No 2, April 2014, pages 125-136.
- Yang, J.H., Kapolka, M., and Chung, T.H. Autonomy balancing in a manned-unmanned teaming (MUT) swarm attack. 2012 International Conference on Robot Intelligence Technology and Applications. Gwangju, Korea, December 16-18, 2012.
- Yakimenko, O.A., and Chung, T.H., “Extending Autonomy Capabilities for Unmanned Systems with CRUSER,” Proceedings of the 28th Congress of the International Council of the Aeronautical Sciences (ICAS 2012), Brisbane, Australia, September 23-28, 2012.
- Yau, J. and Chung, T.H. Search-theoretic and Ocean Models for Localizing Drifting Objects. 2012 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS). Algarve, Portugal, October 7-12, 2012.
- Chung, T. H. and Burdick, J. W. (2012). Analysis of Search Decision Making Using Probabilistic Search Strategies. IEEE Transactions on Robotics , 28(1), 132-144.
- Chung, T. H., Hollinger, G. A., and Isler, V. (2011). Search and Pursuit-Evasion in Mobile Robotics: A Survey. Autonomous Robots, Special Issue on Search and Pursuit/Evasion with Mobile Robots, 31(4), 299--316. Springer Netherlands.
- Ma, J., Chung, T. H., and Burdick, J. (2011). A Probabilistic Framework for Object Search with 6-DOF Pose Estimation. The International Journal of Robotics Research, Special Issue on Semantic Perception for Robots in Indoor Environments, 30(10), 1209-1228.
- Carpin, S., Burch, D., and Chung, T. H. (2011). Searching for Multiple Targets using Probabilistic Quadtrees. 2011 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS) (pp. 4536-4543). San Francisco, CA: IEEE.
- Chung, T. H., and Carpin, S. (2011). Multiscale Search using Probabilistic Quadtrees. 2011 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (pp. 2546-2553). Shanghai, China: IEEE.
- Jones, K. D., Dobrokhodov, V., Kaminer, I., Chung, T. H., Clement, M. R., Kolsch, M., and Zaborowski, R. (2011). Cooperative Autonomy for the Masses - Fundamental Steps Toward Enabling Complex Multi-Asset Missions with Simple Point-and-Click Tasking. Proceedings of AUVSI Unmanned Systems North America 2011. Washington, D.C.
- Klaus, C., and Chung, T. H. (2011). Optimized Graph Topologies for Probabilistic Search. 2011 IEEE International Conference on Decision and Control. Orlando, Florida.
- Kenneth L. Byers, Timothy H. Chung, and Rachel T. Johnson. " Modeling and Analysis of Tactical Installation Protection Missions ." Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference. Baltimore, Maryland, 2010.
- Matthew Hasting, Timothy H. Chung, and Paul Evangelista. " Experimentation and Modeling of Soldier Target Search ." Proceedings of the International Conference on Industrial Engineering, Theory, Applications, and Practice. Anaheim, California, 2009.
- Timothy H. Chung, M. Kress, and J.O. Royset, " Probabilistic Search Optimization and Mission Assignment for Heterogeneous Autonomous Agents ," 2009 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Kobe, Japan. 2009.
- Timothy H. Chung, " On Probabilistic Search Decisions under Searcher Motion Constraints ," 2008 Workshop on Algorithmic Foundations of Robotics, Guanajuato, Mexico. 2008.
- Timothy H. Chung and Joel W. Burdick, " Multi-agent Probabilistic Search in a Sequential Decision-theoretic Framework ," 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Pasadena, California. 2008.
- Timothy H. Chung and Joel W. Burdick. A Decision-Making Framework for Control Strategies in Probabilistic Search . In Proc. of IEEE Intl. Conference on Robotics and Automation, 2007.
- Timothy H. Chung, Joel W. Burdick, and Richard M. Murray. A Decentralized Motion Coordination Strategy for Dynamic Target Tracking . In Proc. of IEEE Intl. Conference on Robotics and Automation, May 2006.
- Vijay Gupta, Timothy H. Chung, Babak Hassibi, and Richard M. Murray. On a Stochastic Sensor Selection Algorithm with Applications in Sensor Scheduling and Dynamic Sensor Coverage . Automatica, 42(2):251-260, February 2006.
- Vijay Gupta, Timothy H. Chung, Babak Hassibi, and Richard M. Murray. On a Stochastic Algorithm for Sensor Scheduling . In Proceedings of the 16th IFAC World Congress, Prague, Czech Republic, July 2005.
- Yasamin Mostofi, Timothy H. Chung, Richard M. Murray, and Joel W. Burdick. Communication and Sensing Trade-Offs in Decentralized Mobile Sensor Networks: A Cross-Layer Design Approach . In Intl. Conf. on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, 2005.
- Timothy H. Chung, Vijay Gupta, Joel W. Burdick, and Richard M. Murray. On a Decentralized Active Sensing Strategy using Mobile Sensor Platforms in a Network . In Proc. of the IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, Paradise Island, Bahamas, December 2004.
- Vijay Gupta, Timothy H. Chung, Babak Hassibi, and Richard M. Murray. Sensor Scheduling Algorithms Requiring Limited Computation . In Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, Toronto, Canada, pages 825-828, May 2004.
- Timothy H. Chung, Vijay Gupta, Babak Hassibi, Joel W. Burdick, and Richard M. Murray. Scheduling for Distributed Sensor Networks with Single Sensor Measurement Per Time Step . In Proc. of IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, New Orleans, LA, pages 187-192, April 2004.
- Timothy H. Chung, L. Cremean, W. Dunbar, Z. Jin, E. Klavins, D. Moore, A. Tiwari, D. van Gogh, and S. Waydo. A Platform for Cooperative and Coordinated Control of Multiple Vehicles: The Caltech Multi-Vehicle Wireless Testbed . In Proc. of the Conference on Cooperative Control and Optimization, December 2002.