- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Welcome to the Naval Postgraduate School's (NPS) Additive Manufacturing (AM) wiki.
Additive manufacturing (AM) and 3D printing involves processes and technologies used to make three-dimensional (3D) objects. The AM wiki seeks to build a collaborative environment and community of interest for the advancement of additive manufacturing and 3D printing research at NPS. This website links Additive Manufacturing (AM) projects, assets and capabilities of interest to faculty and students across NPS. All interested NPS faculty, staff and students are welcome to contribute.
Partnership Strategy. The Naval Additive Manufacturing X3D Model Exchange: Preliminary Operational Capability project is a part of a larger roll out to share 3D models that support Naval Additive Manufacturing (AM). This Naval Research Program (NRP) effort is translating a National Institutes of Health (NIH) 3D Model Exchange server to make it applicable for Naval use. It is intended to help the Navy and Marine Corps define requirements for model sharing, user interfaces, and cyber protection of both systems and 3D data. Developmental testing in the .edu domain supports future expeditionary prototyping, informing a roadmap being assembled by Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) in collaboration with SPAWAR using the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI). Additional broad development work that explores support for the Marine Corps is proceeding in parallel. These potential operational capabilities can inform future operational requirements, further supporting collaborative exploratory efforts by NAVFAC Engineering and Expeditionary Warfare Center (EXWC). In turn, this combined work is intended to inform future operational capability requirements that the Navy is working to develop with Special Operations Command (SOCOM).
Fabrication Laboratories (Fab Labs) and Maker Spaces. ...add here....
- Make this site a showcase for NPS activities
- Collect assets for upcoming ModelExchange.nps.edu
- Archive links and descriptions to standards activities and Navy/USMC assets of general interest
- Calendar update
- Provide special-case information for milsuite
- NPS additive manufacturing thesis page
- AM in the News page
- Naval Web-Based Collaboration and Model Exchanges using X3D, information meeting, 31 JAN 2017.
- Sea Air Space Exposition booth presentations, National Harbor MD, 3-5 April 2017.
Goal Requirements for Navy 3D Collaboration and Printing, Navy Yard, 1 February (tentative).
Naval Research Program (NRP) posters:
- Additive Manufacturing (AM) at NPS
- CAD Interoperability for Navy Reuse in in 3D Printing, Maintenance and Reuse