Setup Duo Mobile two factor authentication
- You will be prompted to start Duo setup, click the Start Setup button:
- This will take you to a selection screen where you will be asked what type of device you are setting up, we recommend setting up Duo on a mobile phone and a tablet so that you can authenticate from multiple devices.
- However, option are available for a landline as well if you do not have the option of setting up Duo on a smartphone or tablet.
- Mobile Phone or Tablet: use the store app (Google Store, App Store, or Windows Store) on your phone to install the Duo Mobile authentication app.
- Mobile Phone: you will be prompted to enter a phone number.
- You will then have the option to scan a QR code (with your phone camera) or have the system send you an email to confirm your registration.
- After you’ve completed setup of your phone or tablet, you will have the option of setting the type of notification you prefer (phone call or Duo push notification).
- Multiple Devices: When you have multiple devices setup, you will need to select one as your preferred device and set the notification method you prefer.
- NOTE: we recommend using the "Automatically send this device a Duo Push" if possible as this will be the easiest way to use the system. Alternative methods of notification can be found at the end of this guide. Alternative Notification Methods for Duo