There are many, many great tutorials, references and cheatsheets on the internet that you will undoubtedly need to consult as you learn to use Linux. Below, are some of the most common useful tips and tricks that may help you be productive and efficient you learn Linux for the purposes of using ROS.
- Window Navigation: You will likely end working in a number of concurrent windows
- Alt+Tab will switch between windows
- Launching Terminals: Bringing up a new a ROS system often requires a few terminal windows
- Ctrl+Alt+t will open a new terminal window
- Shift+Cntl+t will open a new tab in the terminal window (having multiple terminals in a single window can be easier to navigate)
- Command Line
- Copy and Paste
- In many GUI programs the copy and paste shortcuts are the same as Windows: Ctrl-c to copy and Ctrl-v to paste.
- For the terminal window, the shortcuts are slightly different: Shift-Ctrl-c to copy and Shift-Ctrl-v to paste. You can also copy and paste through the menu: Edit->Copy or Edit->Paste