So now you know that with your NPS username and email address that you have access to multiple forms of free cloud storage, but what can you do with it? For starters, you can link to it in your file system so that you can save straight to it. We call that "mapping a drive." Here are some basic directions:
Link to OneDrive
- Go to Office.outlook.com and log into NPS webmail with your NPS Credentials.
- Click the applications button in the top left, next to the "Outlook" label, to open it. Then click on OneDrive to open that.
- At the bottom left of the OneDrive window, find "Get the OneDrive apps."
- A new page will open with directions for how to open and access OneDrive. Note: OneDrive is already installed on computers running Windows 10 and just needs to be started. On a Mac, you'll need to download the OneDrive app.
- Once the app is installed, it will appear as a folder or drive in your files.
Link to Box
- Navigate to https://nps.box.com and click on Continue.
- Enter your NPS username and password to authenticate, and click on Login (click here for more information on your Box account)
- In the left menu of the Box files page, click on "Synced" or the down-arrow icon. That will direct you to a "Box Sync" download page.
- When you click on that link, you will be directed to download for Windows or Mac, depending on your computer type.
- Follow the directions to set up the Box Sync app for your operating system
- When complete, you'll see Box Sync in your folder list in your computer file list.
Please let us know if you have any questions about this process or your cloud storage!