Network-Optional Warfare (NOW)
Network-Centric Warfare (NCW)
Operational View (OV-1) shows line-of-sight (LOS) optical signaling via Quick Reaction (QR) codes and Digital Flashing Light (DFL).
Only two EM-based lightning bolts!
- Network-Optional Warfare: Enabling Technologies slideset overview and thesis research opportunities (synopsis slides)
- Network-Optional Warfare: Operational Concepts outline lists component concepts of interest and relevant references
- Network-Optional Warfare: Information Transfer Considerations analyzes transition space between NCW and NOW
Stealth: gain deeper access into battle space, utilize inherent covertness of unmanned systems
Surprise: choose time and place to shift from passive to active use of electromagnetic spectrum
Coherence: formal mission brevity codes are actionable and precise with well-defined semantics
Uncertainty: reduced opponent confidence that threats are located and attack is unchallenged
Flexibility: tactical commanders decide use of NCW/NOW on per-platform, per-mission basis
Scalability: incremental response using low-cost assets avoids destabilizing high-cost escalation
Lots more to do with this portal site Near-term next steps:
- Transcribe the QR information to a new section
- Establish an EXI section
- Possibly a calendar of key events?
- Possibly a page on Thesis Opportunities? (These are in the slideset now)
Don Brutzman, firstname.lastname@example.org voice +1.831.656.2149