If you are having trouble connecting to or logging into the Sakai CLE, please review the issues and resolutions below.
NMCI “Proxy server is not responding” message (as of FA18)
If your computer won’t let you change these settings, you may need to your local IT involved.
- Load Internet Explorer
- Then go to: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Advanced
- In the Proxy Settings box paste this in the HTTP box: nmciproxyb1.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil
- Paste this in the Secure: box: nmciproxyb1secure.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil
- Leave everything else the same on the page.
- Click OK, ok again, and a third time.
- Open Firefox
- Go to Preferences>General>Network Proxy
- Click on Manual proxy configuration
- Paste in the HPPT Proxy box nmciproxyb1.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil4
- Paste in the SSL Proxy box nmciproxyb1secure.brem.nadsuswe.nads.navy.mil
- Click OK
The browser times out or you get a 404 error message
Please ensure you are not connected to the NPS VPN
- Make sure the Cisco VPN application is not running and connected to the NPS network on your computer
- Check your Browser's address bar and make sure the address begins with https://cle.nps.edu.... AND NOT https://npsbart.nps.edu....
Security Certificate Error
If you get an error such as:
- There is a problem with this web site's Security Certificate
- Secure Connection Failed, https://cle.nps.edu uses an invalid security certificate
- ...can't verify the Identity of this web site
- This connection is untrusted
Please follow the instructions here.
Some browsers may allow you to bypass this certificate by selecting:
For Firefox: open the "I understand the risks" area > Add Exception button > Confirm Security Exception button.
Trouble Logging in - NPS User
NPS users use their NPS credential as their username. If you use your email address as your username, please see the Sakai Guest User area below.
- If you are unsure of your password; contact the NPS Technology Assistance Center
- If you recently changed your password, please ensure there are no devices (Mobile, Outlook, etc.) still using your old password which will lock your account.
- If your account is locked, please got to https://npspassword.nps.edu to unlock your account if you already have a profile set up.
- If you continue to have trouble, please contact the NPS Technology Assistance Center (TAC).
Trouble Logging In - Sakai Guest User
Sakai Guest Users use their email address as their username.
Please review the Guest Access Overview to see